Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Beth W Rackow has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Beth W Rackow has the following 26 expertise
- Birth Control
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Pap Smear
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovulation Induction
- Menstrual Pain
- Reproductive Medicine
- Hot Flashes
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Child Birth
- Artificial Insemination
- Adolescent Medicine
- Pelvic Exam
- Male Infertility
- Female Infertility
- Women's Health
Dr. Beth W Rackow is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
Dr. Rackow has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have been to in my entire life. She is rude, aims to spend 2 minutes or less with each patient, and scolds you when you ask a question. She has absolutely no interest in her patients. Being treated for fertility issues is already stressful without having to deal with a doctor whose disdain for her patients is palpable. It's too bad because the other doctors at Columbia are great.
Rackow's objective seems to be to move through patients as quickly as possible, without consideration for our questions or concerns. She was impatient and irritable as we tried to get answers about our ivf cycle. She was in and out of the room in about 3 minutes, which she seemed to think was too long.
I recently moved to the area and decided to try Dr. Rackow for continuing treatment for my PCOS, a condition I've been dealing with for 5 years now. Overall, I felt that she was quite knowledgeable and was justified with many of the tests and questions she asked about the treatment I've tried and my medical history. However, she was very abrasive and pushy. She didn't seem to understand that treatment is as much of a emotional process as well and wasn't receptive to my comments. Instead, she simply wanted to control the situation and practically scolded me when I explained to her that for religious reasons I wouldn't try certain treatments. If you're looking for an understanding and caring physician, look elsewhere.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
18 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Beth W Rackow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter for Womens Reproductive Care, 1790 Broadway Fl 2, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Beth W Rackow in this video.
Dr. Beth W Rackow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.