Dr. Beth Santmyire-Rosenberger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Beth Santmyire-Rosenberger?

Doesn't seem good with men.

Posted on November 27th, 2015

Very friendly, talks nicely with patient. Good with women. My wife likes her a lot. My experience with her as a man is not so good, in the aspect of a full body examination. I had basal cell carcinoma removed from my back. My grandmother and her 4 siblings all had melanoma. I would like a good exam. She would not examine my legs. She said,"men don't burn on their leg." What has burning got to do with the exam? I have sun damage all over my legs. She also said, I have no more chance of getting cancer than anyone else. She doesn't come near of examining me as recommended by the American Cancer Society. Sometimes my wife was with me for the exams. It didn't make any difference. So, how can I say she does a good diagnosis ? I have a new dermatologist recommend by my gp. When she gets done with the exam. I know I have been examined and have peace of mind!!!

Doctor's Response

I appreciate your feedback, and I am sorry that you found your examination unsatisfactory. We are always willing to do a full-skin examination for patients. Under no circumstance have I ever refused a patient a full-skin examination when they have requested one. It is true that the most common location for a woman to have a melanoma is on her legs, and the most common location for a man to have a melanoma is on his back. Therefore, I will sometimes recommend an above-the-waist examination for men and a full-skin examination for women. If a patient wants a different type of examination, they can always make a request. Also, for clarification on family history, risk of melanoma is statistically increased ONLY if a patient has a first-degree relative with melanoma. I am happy you have found someone who is currently meeting your needs.

my visit

Posted on June 27th, 2015

Dr. Beth is very knowledgeable at what she does. I trust her wholeheartedly with any skin problem.

Posted on June 20th, 2013

Although the doctor seems to know what she is doing, her office staff is completely incompetent. They have wasted me countless telephone calls to her office, the pharmacy and insurance and hours of driving to the office to try to sort out prescriptions--only to learn that they couldn't be bothered to send my insurance company the requested information to get it covered. DO NOT GO HERE--even though she's decent, her staff's incompetence outweighs that.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you did not receive the excellent service we hope to provide. In the age of managed care, pharmacy issues are often difficult and timely for both patients and our staff. We now have a dedicated staff member who handles pharmacy and prescription coverage issues. In the future, I hope we will do a better job serving you.

Best experience with any doctor

Posted on January 4th, 2010

Very expensive but they did do a good job

Posted on December 21st, 2009

I got a quick appointment. Fairly nice people. But the place is more expensive then others.

Posted on October 1st, 2017