Dr. Beth Thai Is this you?

9 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Beth Thai?

Save yourself the emotional and physical pain!

Posted on November 26th, 2017

Don't go to Dr. Thai and whatever you do, do not let her operate on you. I suffered from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and Dr. Thai operated on me to stop the bleeding. She did things to me during surgery, that I did not consent to and were not medically necessary. She also chose to close me up leaving massive amounts of fluid and blood clots in my abdomen. After coming home from the hospital, I was unable to eat more than a cup of food at the time and started running 101 fever every night. I was also in extreme pain due to all the fluid left in my abdomen. I told Dr. Thai of these symptoms at my checkup and she ordered a CT but did not seem at all concerned. The next day I ended up in the emergency room and had to spend another 3 days in the hospital due to her negligence. During the three days in the hospital, Dr. Thai was on call and I was forced to endure her mistreatment of me. She was always very short with me and never fully discussed my treatment. When I asked questions she got defensive and blamed everything on me. By the time I left the hospital, Dr. Thai made me feel that I did not deserve to live or be medically treated. A few weeks later I was back in the emergency room because I had abdominal pain so intense I could not sleep or sit down. After many more tests a 4 cm blood clot was found in my abdomen, it was left over from the surgery. I was given more pain meds and told it would dissolve. Months later I am still in pain, my stomach lining has been eroded and my liver hurts due to the massive amounts of antibiotics and pain pills I was prescribed. I am told that I will need surgery to remove the remaining fluid and clots causing pain in my lower abdomen. All of this could have been prevented if she had taken time to remove the clots and fluid during the original surgery. In addition to all of this pain, I also became anemic due to the blood loss before surgery. Although ob/gyns should know how to treat anemia, Dr. Thai does not. I went weeks without being able to cross a room without feeling like I would pass out again. I almost passed out driving, because she told me I could go back to work. She prescribed me 65 mg of iron, which is less than 1/5 of what I needed to be on. Even though asked, Dr. Thai refused to treat my anemia correctly, so after much research, I changed the amount and type of iron I was on. When treated by the correct type and amount, I was able to function and my anemia resolved itself within a month. Please save yourself the physical and emotional pain and choose another doctor. I do not want anyone else to suffer the way I have from Dr. Thai's ignorance and negligence.

Posted on July 11th, 2016