Bethanee Schlosser Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Bethanee Schlosser?

Posted on October 28th, 2016

Could not get in to see Dr. Schlosser for an emergent bleeding dry skin condition, although she did my skin checks for years amd was my dermatologist. Thank goodness! The doctor I did see who helped my season-change dry skin found 1) a melanoma and 2) a basal cell cancer. I had asked Dr. Schlosser 2 years in a row about the dry spot which turned out to be basal cell when biopsied. She told me dry skin and moved right on.

Such a great doctor

Posted on August 19th, 2016

I waited a while to get in and be seen and was not disappointed. She was professional, thoughtful in her communication style and her bedside manner - was spot on. She was all business with a touch of personality. I appreciated her attention to my questions and concerns. I never once felt she was rude, or unprofessional. Just a very busy professional who knows her stuff. I would and have highly recommended her.

Abusive, rude and horrible bedside manners

Posted on April 21st, 2016

I waited several months until I got her appointment as I suffer for LS was great discomfort she was quick talking with the other doctor assistant all the time and dictating to the nurse who was typing constantly what she was dictating her taking pictures and measurements and all while I was laying on her office bed in gynecological position making me sign lots of forms to authorize her to study me, telling me horrible outcomes that I am still shocked , worse experience I don"t worst experience anybody !

Posted on April 5th, 2016

Office staff was rude and inefficient. They were terrible with follow-up.

Sucks

Posted on November 17th, 2015

I wait and wait weeks for her to call me back about important tests. Not to mention I waited over an hour when I had an appoint to see her . I have been to many doctors that's recommend same treatment as her . A waste of time

Serious about her work

Posted on August 18th, 2015

Lichen sclerosis sucks, and not many doctors know much about it. Dr. Schlosser does. It's true and annoying that it takes 4-5 months to get an appointment, since the clinic is only one day a week and there aren't many options for people with LS, but she's only one doctor, so I don't consider this a personal flaw, just a drawback to trying to get to see her. She's probably not the most cuddly of doctors, but I'm not looking for cuddly when I'm in a hospital gown, I'm looking for medical help. I'd also say that it helps to be a knowledgeable patient, because she gives amazing detail while dictating her description and you can learn a lot about your condition, and she's happy to answer questions; I have other diseases that overlap and she was breathtakingly clear and detailed about how to tell the difference.

Dr. Bethanee Schlosser Northwestern Memoral Hospital

Posted on April 30th, 2013

Was really looking forward to my appt as I have a chronic condition which causes me continual discomfort and pain. I have been to several doctors. I have never met anyone like her. Rude, condescending, nasty. Her attitude was disgraceful. I will stick with her as maybe she can help me. As a family full of Northwestern graduates, the school should be embarrassed to have someone with her attitude on their staff.

Great Derm Experience

Posted on April 29th, 2012

This was my first visit to a dermatologist for a mole check (which might feel invasive if you aren't prepared!), and it was great. Dr. Schlosser was kind and explained a lot about my moles, and was very reassuring when everything was okay. She was really great, and I would recommend her to anyone.

Posted on April 6th, 2012

worse doctor experience of my life. I felt like I was being abused by Dr Schlosser. At one point in the visit I had to stop and ask her if something was wrong, and ask her "why she was treating me like this". The only thing I can think of was that I let the nurse know before the visit I did not what a resident in the exam room, I only wanted to deal with the doctor, no one else.

Love this doctor!!!

Posted on September 13th, 2011

I've been twice to see Dr. Schlosser. Both times I got in very quickly, then had to wait a little bit for her to come in (about 15-20 minutes). That is not that bad, considering some doctors are about an hour wait. I loved her down-to-earth attitude and her thoroughness. She's fun and nice, and made me feel at ease immediately. I highly recommend her!!!

Very rude

Posted on June 20th, 2011

I was looking forward to this appointment to try to answer some of my questions. Took me 2 months to get an appointment. Instead, I felt that she was more interested in talking about one of my other health issues and how she felt that wasn't being treated properly. Excuse me, you aren't the specialist treating that. I'm here to talk to you about vulvar issues.I'm sure she is very knowledgeable about skin issues and she did answer some of my questions, but her bedside manner was horrible. She made me feel stupid for being there, and I know that I am not stupid. Just because you are a knowledgeable doctor and you are at a good hospital, that doesn't mean you are a GOOD doctor. Don't know if I will go back or not. I'll see how my issues progress. The ob/gyn was better--still an odd bedside manner, but definitely not rude and willing to listen to my questions.Dr. Schlosser acted like I was wasting her time. Well, you're getting paid no matter what, aren't you?

Rude, condescending and uninformative

Posted on April 30th, 2011

At first, we were off to a good start. For once the doctor was not more than 10 minutes late. However, when I finally saw her, she completely dismissed my concerns as frivolous and didn't want to talk about the reason I was there giving stupid excuses. She obviously didnt' want to treat me. Then, she wanted to do a skin check and see my genitals when that is NOT what I was there for in the first place. I didn't need a skin exam. So rude, condescending, uncaring, and just totally missed the point of the visit. AND want to add unnecessary exam components to upcode her billing. Totally unethical.