Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Betsy S Horton
Dr. Betsy S Horton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, GA. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Horton is affiliated with Piedmont Fayette Hospital, Southern Regional Medical Center and Piedmont Atlanta Hospital. Dr. Horton has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Betsy S Horton has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Horton began with the greatest of intentions and over-worked. Once she had to delegate some things, she lost a bit of control over how patients are treated at desk and on phone in some departments. The only negative thing I would say in regard to her own treatment practices is that she must get to the point that she REFERS people to SPECIALISTS when they need more in-depth treatment than a GP is able to safely offer. I know several people who have suffered from a lack of seeing specialists; Dr. Horton uses the approach that she'll just keep trying different things until something clicks, and there are issues that need IMMEDIATE attention; TIME is a LIFE or DEATH issue in mental and physical health. The most positive thing I can say about Dr. Horton is that she loves God and cares about her patients! That is phenomenal!
Dr. Horton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Mercer University School Of Medicine
Atlanta Va Medical Center
Dr. Betsy S Horton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlpha Internal Medicine, 745 Glynn St S, Fayetteville, GA
Dr. Betsy S Horton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, GA.