Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Betsy A Pathickal has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 55
DOCTOR IS OK, BUT HER TREATMENT CAUSED MORE TRUBLE THEN WITHOUT TREATMENT!! I AM GOING TO GET A 3RD, OPION CAUSE DR PATHICKSL THINKS I HAVE SOMETHING VERY SERIOUS.. I HAD SEEN A OLDER MORE EXPERIENCED DOCTOR DID THE SAME PROCEDURE AND DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING SERIOUS PROBLEMS. BUT DR. PATHICKAL DID FIND THIS SERIOUS THING TWICE..THATS WHY I AM GETTING A THIRD OPPION! BUT ONE OF HER STAFF SHOULDN'T BE WORKING THERE!! NASTY WITCH.. THEY MAKE SYMPLE OFFICE PROCEDURES SUBSTANTIALLY MORE DIFFICULT THEN NEED BE.. EXAMPLE IT TOOK OVER 2 WEEKS TO HAVE SOMETHING MAILED TO ME! AFTER MAKING SEVERAL CALLS TO FIND OUT WHERE THE DOCUMENTS WERE.. I FOULND OUT THEY ONLY HAVE MAIL PICK UP TWICE A WEEK.. AND YET THERE IS A MAIL BOX JUST OUTSIDE THE OFFICE! I FINALLY WENT TO PICK UP THE DOCUMENTS . THEY THEN ARRIVED IN THE MAIL AT MY HOME, THE NEXT DAY!.
First visit went great. Procedure went great and she has excellent bed side manner.
Dr. Pathickal recently diagnosed my mother with colon cancer when she found a large mass during a colonoscopy. While I am thankful that she rendered the diagnosis, Dr. Pathickal's delivery of the news was terrible. When she advised us of the results, she looked horrified and had tears in her eyes. She gave my mother and I very little hope, raised the specter of a possible metastasis and stage 4 diagnosis, without any factual basis for doing so, stating that if the cancer had spread to the liver it would be considered stage 4. When my mother asked if the cancer was terminal, Dr. Pathickal's response was that she did not know but her body language and tone of voice indicated that this was likely a death sentence. In fact, my mother's cancer was stage 2 and very treatable -- by surgery alone. The thing that really troubled me, is that despite her supposed concern, Dr. Pathickal never called to follow up and find out how my mother was doing post-surgery! I would not recommend doing a colonoscopy with Dr. Pathickal; her bedside manner leaves much to be desired and she does not seem to have a complete, and modern grasp of colon cancer staging. I cannot impress enough that Dr. Pathickal has no clue how to delicately deliver difficult news. There is a way of imparting a serious diagnosis (I've seen it done excellently by my mother's surgeon) while still providing hope.
14 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Betsy A Pathickal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Betsy A Pathickal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.