Dr. Bettina Lowe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bettina Lowe?

An Angel

I love her, she is helping me so much. An Angel♥

Patient

I was scared to death. Each person that works with Dr. Lowe was very kind and patient with me. They all made my surgery a success and I am now not frightened if anything else requires surgery.

PATIENT good news no cancer

My first apt with Dr Lowe was to discuss having a breast biopsy. She reviewed my mammogram in detail with me and my husband. She was very thorough in her explanation of the biopsy procedure. The biopsy was preformed a few weeks later. I was awake during the procedure and she explained what she was doing step by step. The next day, which was a Saturday, Dr Lowe, not a staff member, called to make sure I was doing ok. On my post op visit she check the incision and explained that I needed another mammogram in 6 months. I would highly recommend Dr Lowe.

I think she is the best, most caring doctor I have ever had. I want no one else.

Great Doctor

My first experience was with Dr. Lowe in 2009 when I went to meet with her for a breast biopsy. She was extremely professional and very knowledgeable. She performed a lumpectomy on one breast and a biopsy on the other. She had my results back to me quickly. I am now faced again with an abnormality in my mammogram and am going back to her on Monday for another biopsy. I met with her last week to discuss this. I have complete confidence in Dr. Lowe and I think she is a wonderful doctor. I would highly recommend her. She is very nice and I feel totally confident in her knowledge and her car.

Husband

The receptionist was very comforting and caring when we arrived. Making me feel very comfortable but as we went further into the surgery only one person showed any emotions or caring and I wish I would of gotten his name. I do know he was doing the anesthesia. Doctor Lowe appeared to be uncaring and disregarding to any thing my wife and I asked or said. By this time I was feeling very uncomfortable about the surgery! But by this time my wife was is so much pain and discomfort we just wanted to have the surgery and be done with it ! ! As I was in the waiting room I thought about all that had just happened and on top of all the stress of the surgery to be performed the treatment we just received from the people who was to do the surgery was overwhelming also. I felt we should have refused the surgery and just walked out,but I wanted my wife to be better. When the doctor came out to tell me everything went well i felt very good but once again she had no facial assurance or comfort ! When the time came to go back to recovery and the recovery nurse was talking to me like a child in trouble about how she told my Wife that she had a surgery and you will hurt after that and she has to take the pain. I was focused on my wife and only my wife but once I set eyes on my wife and she was in tears ,and I'm thinking from the surgery. But she told me the recovery nurse was the most hateful,uncaring and uncomforting person ever, I could not agree more !!!! She said she was treated like a person that committed a crime, or worse . My emotions was on over load and on the verge of anger!!! How dare anyone treat my wife or any one person this way after a surgery!!!! We insisted on leaving ASAP to avoid any more discomfort not only from the physical pain of surgery but the emotional pain also. Writing this brings back so much hurt and turmoil that I didn't want to voice this. But I feel others should know !!!!

She always seemed to be able to answer any of my questions, especially after I first found out I had breast cancer. She was always very up front and truthful in what she had to tell me.

Excellent Care

I was originally referred to Dr. Lowe in 2009. This year my GP recommended that I have my gallbladder removed. I could have chosen a Dr. closer to my home (about 2 hrs away from KC) but based on my experience and trust in Dr. Lowe I returned to her for the surgery. Dr. Lowe is friendly and very straight forward. She is an excellent surgeon and is well regarded by the professional staffs at the hospitals and surgery centers where she works. I have been treated by her twice and would not hesitate to return to her care or refer anyone needing the services of a general surgeon to her.

Doctor was courteous and professional. Also quick with a diagnosis after prompt testing that was required. Her personality and smile put me at ease with the idea of surgery. The surgery was quickly performed and I was comforted with her bed side manner. My post operative visit was great and I have healed wonderfully thanks to the skill of this surgeon. Have recommnded this surgeon to family and friends who have had great experiences with her as well. And will continue to refer to her.

Excellent Surgeon

Dr. Lowe is professional, thoughtful and meticulous in her practice. She was very thorough with my diagnosis, educational with the many options of treatment and patient with me as I worked through layers of decisions. I trust her and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to my family and friends.

I felt that my needs were not addressed. She seemed to pass off my concerns about my pain and the slow healing of the incision as inconsequential. I was told that it looked fine and the fact that it wasn't closed was normal. I will not go back to this doctor. I have valid concerns and felt like she was in a rush to get in and out. I expected more concern and was annoyed that she did not react to my concern in what I felt was an appropriate manner.