Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bettina I Nazemi has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Bettina I Nazemi has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Bettina I Nazemi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I took my husband to the ER with terrible pain the stomach. After 6 hr. in ER, and an xray and ct scan, the ER Dr. was going to schedule another test. He showed Dr. Nazemi the ct scan. She said he did not need another test, his gallbladder had to come out immediately. The surgery was supposed to take 45 min. After 2 hr., I got a call from 1 of the surgical nurses (as requested by the Dr.) to tell me, everything was OK, but the gallbladder was much, much worse than even she had anticipated. She had re-arranged other surgeries to do his 1st. She also said after what was a 4 hr. surgery, he could very well have ruptured within 24 hr., making it even more surgery. After the surgery, she talked to me, not down to me, showed me pictures, and explained everything......I was most impressed, having just had a Dr. appointment with another Dr. just the opposite.........
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Nazemi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Bettina I Nazemi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsToledo Surgical Associates, 4646 Nantuckett Dr Ste B, Toledo, OH
Dr. Bettina I Nazemi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.