Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Betty G Acker has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Betty G Acker has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Betty G Acker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Will never see this Doctor again. She stormed into the room and announced what the plan was before she had even met me. Declared that Pap tests are not necessary without getting my input. Seemed unconcerned about family history of 2 female cancers- oh wait she didn't give me a chance to speak. Breast exam was essentially non-existent. Sadly have had much better exam at a health fair. Filled out "confidential" survey post visit and received call from practice manager. Said things I wanted done weren't addressed because I had a Family Doctor and that was his job. Do not recommend at all.
She is courteous, caring, knowledgeable, professional, very easy to talk to. She isn't in the business just to make money. I went in for one problem that I was very embarrassed about. She made me feel comfortable and reassured me that there was nothing to be embarrassed about. While she was there she asked me if I wanted to get a pap done instead of having to make another apt. Even though I had been told that she wouldn't do a pap. Her words to me were that she was the Dr and she could decide. If she was interested in making more money then that would be what she would do. It was a good thing too. That pap came back abnormal. She handled the biopsy wonderfully. She reassured me and calmed my nerves. Everything turned out great in the end. I am so glad that I found her.
Dr. Acker was rude and uncaring. She just could not be bothered with me or my problems. I thought maybe it was because she wouldn't be delivering any of my babies or removing my uterus, but it was more than that...she actually seemed angry when I prevented her from leaving the room with a pointed question. Her behavior was strange...she practically ran out-of-the-room. No doubt about it, she couldn't care less about an older woman with real problems and real suffering. How does someone like her get into and through medical school?
32 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
United States Naval Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Betty G Acker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salem, OR.