Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Betty Pfefferbaum
Dr. Betty Pfefferbaum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Pfefferbaum is affiliated with OU Medical Center-Presbyterian Tower, Oklahoma City VA Medical Center and INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center (Oklahoma City). She speaks English.
Dr. Betty Pfefferbaum has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Pfefferbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
OU Medical Center-Presbyterian Tower
Oklahoma City VA Medical Center
INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center (Oklahoma City)
Southwestern Medical Center
Childrens Hosp Of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Ok
University Hospital, Oklahoma City, Ok
OU Medical Center
41 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Betty Pfefferbaum accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe University of Oklahoma Professional Building, 940 Stanton L Young Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Betty Pfefferbaum in this video.
Dr. Betty Pfefferbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.