Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Betty S Catanese has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
If you are one of this Doctor's patient's. consider yourself in the very best of medical hands. Dr. Catanese is brilliant, well informed, totally up to date on current medical trends, a very skilled diagnostician, but most importantly, is a compassionate, caring, down to earth individual. She is an outstanding listener and affords her patients all the time they wish to ask questions and express concerns. Truly, in this day and age of modern medical care where a 5 minute visit is common, Dr. Catanese stands alone for her excellence!
I've been a patient for about 15 years. Dr. Betty listens; she is knowledgable and practical; she is usually quick with general visits but takes time when the situation requires it. I have also found that when you NEED an appointment on short notice, her team makes time for you regardless of their schedule.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1983
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Dr. Betty S Catanese accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnthony J Catanese Md Llc, 315 E Main St, Somerville, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Betty S Catanese in this video.
Dr. Betty S Catanese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerville, NJ.