Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bevan Steadman
Dr. Bevan Steadman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tyler, TX. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Steadman is affiliated with CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Jacksonville, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Winnsboro and East Texas Medical Center-Tyler. He speaks English.
Dr. Bevan Steadman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Bevan Steadman has the following 16 expertise
- Adolescent Medicine
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Bevan Steadman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bevan Steadman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
steadman: my diagnosis was made with no psychological testing what so ever.The misdiagnosis was bipolar disorder when it was actually reactive attachment disorder. This misdiagnosis is made 70% of the time by therapists who use no psychological, DNA, or other testing to determine the real truth. Steadman's misdiagnosis caused me to waste two years of my life in nursing homes. Steadman did not use any psychological, genetic or other testing methods to prove his diagnosis. As a consequence I spent two years in nursing homes with no proof of diagnosis. The misdiagnosis was bipolar disorder when in reality it was reactive attachment disorder. HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLES LIVES HAVE BEEN SIMILARILY AFFECTED BY STEADMAN'S INCOMPETENCE?
Dr. Steadman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Winnsboro
East Texas Medical Center-Tyler
East Texas Medical Center-Pittsburg
East Texas Medical Center-Jacksonville
East Texas Medical Center Rehabilitation Hospital
Henderson Memorial Hospital
East Texas Medical Center-Mount Vernon
East Texas Medical Center-Fairfield
East Texas Medical Center-Carthage
East Texas Medical Center Athens
East Texas Medical Center-Gilmer
Mother Francis Hospital
East Texas Medical Center Quitman
East Texas Medical Center-Crockett
East Texas Medical Center Behavioral Health Center
ETMC First Physicians Behavioral Health
46 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Galveston
Graduated in 1971
Maricopa Medical Center
Dr. Bevan Steadman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsEAST TEXAS MEDICAL CENTER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, 4101 University Blvd, Tyler, TX
Dr. Bevan Steadman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.