Dr. Beverly Byrd Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Beverly Byrd?

Posted on August 21st, 2016

Definitely a care doctor

Giving up on this doctor

Posted on July 7th, 2016

Dr Bryd is fine if you are a routine patient with low maintenance needs but I do not recommend this doctor for post menopausal issues. She is not proactive and it does not seem like she has remained current in her knowledge of post menopausal treatment. One comment was, Well this is what Mother Nature wants your body to do now. Well it's not what I want my body to do now. There's always a comment and I'm tired of being the one coming up with the solutions. It's been 6 years and I think I waited too long to switch.

Horrible

Posted on February 20th, 2016

I had my baby boy die in her office and she was more concerned in keeping my crying down so I wasn't heard. She sent me home with him dead inside my tummy instead of following my wishes to get in hospital to induce me. After giving birth to my dead son she never even apologized or checked up on me. It was the worse nightmare of my life and I'm truly truly scarred for life from this. She was horrible horrible horrible

I miss Dr. Byrd!!!!!!!

Posted on January 20th, 2016

I was so sad to lose Dr. Byrd as my doctor when I moved out of CT. I used to drive 45 min across the state just to see her. I LOVE her attitude and demeanor. I have no idea what is up with the negative reviews. With a small practice, you have to expect to wait. Yes, sometimes a long time. BUT it's worth it because Dr. Byrd is so great! I recommend her to everyone. She is so reassuring and positive, she doesn't rush to prescribe things for you or find things wrong with you as many doctors do. I wish I could import her to Nevada!!!!

Not recommended

Posted on October 13th, 2015

I went through my first pregnancy at this practice, which ended with the death of my baby about halfway through the pregnancy. While there was nothing that could have been done to predict or prevent my baby's death, this practice made a bad situation worse for me. They made several poor care decisions that resulted in an unnecessarily traumatic induced labor and a subsequent infection that scarred my fallopian tubes and impaired my future fertility (Kristin Wiley did not treat the infection even though I reported symptoms to her, including pain and foul-smelling discharge, a week after my baby's birth). I imagine this practice is probably fine for people with normal pregnancies, and in fact I have had a couple of friends successfully give birth with Dr. Byrd with no complaints -- but in a crisis they really let me down. My mother is a women's health nurse practitioner, and she was appalled at the care that I received and strongly encouraged me to switch practices. I have so far had a much better experience with my second pregnancy at Crescent St. OBGYN.

Huge disappointment 24 weeks into first pregnancy

Posted on April 1st, 2015

I came to Dr. Byrd as a new patient after moving to the area. I was given her name, not so much as a reference, but just as a name of a doctor who practices locally to me. I was forewarned that she was "quirky", but what I later came to realize, it went farther than just that. At first she came off as personable. After I got pregnant, I saw her more frequently. Being a new mom, I often got the impression that I wasn't being fully informed of things to expect, but I took the blame for maybe not asking the right questions. Well, this past week (at 24 weeks pregnant), I began experiencing unusual abdominal pain. After consulting with several of my mom friends, and then ultimately the web, I was convinced to call my doctor around 9:30 pm to make sure it was normal and that I shouldn't be concerned. Big mistake... Apparently, contacting Dr. Byrd outside of business hours is unwelcome. Her tone and demeanor made it quite clear that my phone call (she was the designated on-call doctor, by the way) was a nuisance. At no point during our conversation did she try to troubleshoot my symptoms. She was more focused on why I thought it was necessary to call her. She even said flat out "You mean to tell me that you called because of something you read?? No, that's not a good reason to call..." Was she even listening to what I was telling her? She also told me that if I was that concerned, then I should go to the ER or I should wait until the office opens in the morning. So apparently a visit to the ER should always trump an after-hours phone call to your caregiver. She made me feel terrible and ashamed for calling her- I knew immediately that I didnt want to be in the care of someone who would make me question whether or not it's ok to call my doctor with any (potentially severe) concerns that I have. I had one last visit with the midwife (Kristin is the complete opposite of Dr. Byrd- caring and concerned) before I tranfer my care and I was shocked to find out that my phone call never even made it into my chart. Not only did Dr. Byrd not care to help me understand a potential cause for my pain, but she didn't even care to document it. I would not recommend this doctor. I empathize and agree with some of the previous reviews. She may have her good days, but why risk catching her on a bad day. As stated before, I love Kristin. If I could guarantee that she would be the one seeing me at every visit and delivering my baby, I would stay. The office hours are also very convenient and I never had a problem with a wait time.

Bad Experience

Posted on January 6th, 2015

I was misdiagnosed and under-managed, ended up losing two pregnancies under her care. Wouldn't recommend.

Would not recommend

Posted on December 19th, 2014

The first time I saw Dr. Byrd she seemed very nice and as if she was concerned about my health and wanted to help me. My follow up visit was a completely different story. I don't know if she was personally having a bad day, but she sure made my day unpleasant. She was rude and talked down to me like I was a kid who just stole another kids toy. She made me feel like it was my fault I got sick and was in the hospital for over 2 weeks. The way she acted during my follow up visit trumped the fact she was nice during my first visit. I'm going to be looking for a new obgyn.

Horrible

Posted on November 11th, 2013

I went to Beverly Byrd, she never took ultra sound of my son, he was high stressed due to cord around his neck. He died. My baby boy died. I have nightmares every night due to this neglect and I know he could be here right now if I chose another doctor and she had no compassion. When I cried in the room she told me to keep it down there were patients in waiting room. Then instead of putting me in hospital she sent me home with my dead son in my tummy, I wanted to hurt myself. She never even checked on me after I delivered him. I have ptsd now and cry everyday

Knowledgeable & Very Supportive Doctor

Posted on September 5th, 2013

She is very good, prompt n knowledgeable doctor. She can put you on ease in difficult and complex medical situations. She understands patients mental status in distress & explains the details/medical terms very well. Staff n nurses are friendly too! All my appointments in 9 month pregnancy time was smooth n easy. I also like their prior day appointment reminder option. Overall, I would recommend Dr. Byrd to all my friends.

Posted on August 11th, 2013

I visited Dr. Byrd's office for the first time about three weeks ago and I do not plan on returning. I came into my appointment on time, and I had to wait TWO hours for a regular pap-smear. Then she only wrote me a prescription for four months of birth control, when I needed 8 months. I called and spoke with the APRN who said she could call my pharmacy and fix the error. However, now it is three weeks later and my pharmacy said they never were contacted for a new order. I am absolutely put off by this doctors office. I would recommend looking for other doctors in the area.

Two healthy, happy deliveries with Dr. Byrd

Posted on November 29th, 2012

I was fortunate to deliver both of my children with Dr. Byrd (after 3 years of gynecological care with her). She was always extremely patient, respectful, and pleasant during examinations, and I could not have asked for better experiences during both deliveries. I never felt any pressure to do anything I wasn't comfortable with, and felt confident that she wasn't going to push anything unnecessary on me or the babies. Dr. Byrd is supportive of and knowledgeable about natural childbirth techniques, and nothing really seems to faze her. I would recommend her to anyone!