Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Beverly R Devaughn
Dr. Beverly R Devaughn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with other offices in Dallas, TX and Dallas, TX . She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Devaughn is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. She speaks English.
Dr. Beverly R Devaughn has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Showing 3 of 3
This doctor misfiled the insurance paperwork. After Insurance wouldn't pay the Doctor sent us a bill for 990. We paid the bill and contacted our insurance discovered the problem and filed properly. When filing properly we were informed that the Doctor had an agreement with the Insurance Company to perform the procedure for 578. We have sought a refund of 411 from this Doctor for several months. She will not respond to letters or telephone calls. I now believe the original "misfile" may have been intentional as I now know she is not an ethical person. I would suggest avoiding her at all cost as most anesthesiologist are very honest and ethical. Please don't make the same mistake I did and let this person be in charge of waking your child from anesthesia.
The doctor was only worried that she'll be paid so was busy getting paper signed instead of explaing or discussing anything about my condition. The staff would not even give out their names so I can discuss why the Insurance did not pay. They would not give out their fax number so I can fax them. Very unprofessional behavior.
Dr. Devaughn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Beverly R Devaughn accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Beverly R Devaughn in this video.
Dr. Beverly R Devaughn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.