Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett
Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Montgomery, AL, with another office in Montgomery, AL. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Stoudemire-Howlett has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
I met Dr Stoudemire when my father had to have a heart cath. She quickly amazed me by her mannerism, bedside manners, and friendliness. She was very thorough and straight forward (no chaser :) The small talk made it easy to talk to her and yet her seriousness allowed me to be comfortable with her providing care to my father and trusting her expertise.
This Doctor truly cares about her patients and takes the time to discuss all problems and explain the procedures she suggest. She has the most patience with the elderly I have seen in a doctor in some time. I would recommend her to anybody. She has treated both my mother and myself with dignity and real concern.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
34 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett in this video.
Dr. Beverly A Stoudemire-Howlett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Montgomery, AL.