Dr. Beverly Yee Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Beverly Yee?

Worst Office Staff Ever/Best Dr

Posted on August 30th, 2016

The best Dr I have ever seen, but the worst office staff. If you don't mind being talked to like you don't matter by the office staff, then this is the office for you. The staff is beyond rude, incompetent and have anger issues. My daughter was advised upon her arrival for an appointment (had to wait 2 months for) that they no longer accept her insurance and she would have to pay cash if she wants her rx refilled. When asked why she wasn't advised of the insurance, she was told that "It is not their responsibility to advise their patients". I called and advised that I could not speak with the office manager (one lady said she was unavailable and then another came on & said there wasn't one). I was then told if I don't like it, I can find another provider and then hung up on me. Guess I will be finding a new office for myself and my daughter.

Posted on October 1st, 2015

Super, caring doc. Spends time really getting to know you. Staff is great although a very busy office, they always treat me very well.

Pros and Cons

Posted on May 22nd, 2013

I've been seeing Dr Yee for few years now, enough time to find a few pros and cons. The pros? She is open to your input, allowing me to suggest medicines for my rare disorder that I've either tried before with some success or have researched elsewhere without adopting the holier-than-thou air if superiority some docs do. The result is that she has prescribed me meds that have greatly improved my quality of life, so that's a huge plus. She has a lab in her office, so blood sticks and such can be done on premises which saves me a lot of time. She is a nice lady, always pleasant and reassuring. She is not only a primary care doc but also a gyne, which is nice for us ladies because we can cover what would normally be two appointments (and all the hassles that come with) in one go. Now, the cons: She runs late. Super late. I routinely wait a good 2 hours past my appointment time to see her. It's ridiculous. If you complain to the front desk they don't care - they'll tell you to either wait or to reschedule. No consideration for your time or other commitments. I happened to see the schedule sitting on the desk when I was checking in one day and they seriously book at least 4 or 5 patients in each half hour appointment block, which is just flagrant overbooking and money grabbing. Sad. Clear your schedule for the day when you've got an appointment and bring some reading material, otherwise you'll just get angry. Speaking of the front desk staff, they're not very nice. Pretty abrupt sometimes, actually. I've tried being super friendly, but they seem to be immune to my charms. Dr Yee won't give refills without an appointment, yet you may wait a month to be fit in for one. They have started doing "refill appointments," where they can fit you in in just a matter of days. All they do is have you see a nurse to get your BP and weight checked and then they give you your scripts, You never see the Dr and still pay the full co-pay/visit amount, which in my opinion is just more money grabbing behavior, but the wait is minimal and it makes getting my meds easier, so I'll take it. Lastly, sometimes Dr Yee seems a little scattered, like she doesn't always remember you or your history, probably bc she has 8000 patients a day coming through. Still a sweet lady, but if you're looking for a lot of one-on-one office time and a Dr that knows your kids names and your medical history by heart, this may not be the place for you. In the end, despite some really low scores in some areas, she gets 3 out of 4 stores for giving me the meds I need without hassling me or doubting my pain levels or the symptoms I describe (some Drs are really rude like that) and for truly seeming to want me to feel the best I possibly can.

Posted on November 5th, 2012

Dr Yee is worth every minute you have to wait in the waiting room! She spends good quality in my care. I think she is the best!!!

Ms. Angel

Posted on September 18th, 2012

I have been visiting Dr. Yee for a few years now, she is well experience and very kind. I will recommend to the people who is looking for a great doctor. She is well worth seeing.

Caring

Posted on August 19th, 2012

Dr Yee is very good at what she does and she cares about every one of her patients. If you are looking for a DR you can trust with your health and with your pocket book trust her. I have been going there for 5 years. I research my medical professionals prior to going to be sure I am finding someone I trust. In this down economy some Drs are hurting for business & will medically inflate you. Dr Yees waiting room looks as busy as it was when the economy was thriving because she cares about her patients.

Posted on April 30th, 2012

While I love Dr. Yee, the wait times are awful. Expect 30 -40 minutes in the waiting room and possibly more that 2 hrs on the exam room even if you show up on time. Often she will tell you to return in a month, but has nothing open for 6-8 wks. Staff disregards her request for when to return to the office.

Dr. Beverly Yee

Posted on September 29th, 2011

Dr. Yee is a very kind and considerate doctor - I've been going to her for over three years in Las Vegas.I usually have to wait at least a half hour to get in to see her, sometimes it is longer, but so far, she is worth the wait.

Never got in quicker than an 1 1/2 hour after my scheduled appointment....

Posted on March 23rd, 2011

Dr. Yee is very nice and very open minded as to your treatment options, but seems to consistently be behind in seeing her patients. I visited Dr. Yee three times and my wait times was always more than 1 1/2 hours and the last time was 3 hours! The final straw for me was when one of my prescriptions was denied by my pharmacy due to a date error. Dr. Yee was unwilling to write me a new prescription without an appointment and unable to fit me in for what would have been a 1 minute visit. This was even though she saw me less than 2 weeks before and I was asking for the exact same prescription as before and I was in danger of running out. If you need a doctor who can handle minor emergencies or you need a doctor who is at least generally on time, Dr. Yee is not the doctor for you.Bottom line: Dr. Yee is very nice, but for whatever reason consistently overbooks her schedule to the point where a 1 hour wait means she is having a slow day!

Just Bad

Posted on February 15th, 2011

Horrible wait time, greedy in terms of over-scheduling and making you come in every few months, won't refill prescriptions without an office visit, extremely rude office staff. There are much better doctors in the Vegas area.

Worth the wait

Posted on August 2nd, 2010

I have been doing to Dr Yee for about 3 years and only have nice things to say. You will have a bit of a wait, (but I have never seen a doctor who doesn't) but you will get her undivided attention and thoroughly explain any medications and diagnosis. As a nurse, I know lots of doctors in the valley and I think she is one of the best.

Posted on June 8th, 2010

Horrible wait time (over 3 hours), wanted me to come in once every few months, would not recommend to anyone.