Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Bhagirath H Katbamna
Dr. Bhagirath H Katbamna, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hannibal, MO, with another office in Hannibal, MO. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Katbamna is affiliated with Hannibal Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Bhagirath H Katbamna has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bhagirath H Katbamna has the following 5 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Bhagirath H Katbamna has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Cold, impersonal, acted like a superiorcondescending to treat an inferior. (This is America, not India. We do not adhere to the caste system where the poor are considered "untouchables.) Reluctant to accept input from patient,unwilling to listen to or regard patient's observations & comments. Came across as chilly, dictatorial, and unconcerned about patient as a person, simply a case to be treated, money for his practice. Will never return for treatment from this physician. Any knowledge he might share, any benefit he might give, is very overshadowed by hisinability to connect at a human level with his patient.
Dr. Katbamna was extremely impersonal in that he took no time to listen to problems. He was in the office with me less than 2 minutes told me to take Sudafed and there was nothing he could do. He took no time to listen and was rushing around although the waiting room was empty. By far, Dr. Katbamna was the worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune to meet with.
Dr. Katbamna is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Bhagirath H Katbamna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bhagirath H Katbamna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hannibal, MO.