Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bhanu Iyer has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Growth Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Nutritional Support
- Lipid Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cushing Disease
- Geriatric Medicine
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Pregnancy Complications
- Nuclear Medicine
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 5
I ve seen doctor Bhanu Lyer a couple of time for a thyroid problem and I think she is fine. Now this clinic where she works in Brooklyn is another money maker with no consideration for the patient. I wait more than 2 hours TWO HOURS in the over crowded waiting room, (not enough seats for everybody!!!!) Doctor Bhanu Lyer was absent so the clinic didn't have the courtesy to call me in order to change my appointment, instead they told me that someone will see me. Yes a PA spent 3 minutes with me and sign for a refill!!! I will never never go there. Rude and disrespectful.
17 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Bhanu Iyer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bhanu Iyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.