Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bharat Pothuri has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bharat Pothuri has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Bharat Pothuri has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bharat Pothuri is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 120
This doc tends to blow things out of proportion and orders unnecessary labs , he is all about making money and pretends to know your medical problems , He seems to be highly insecure and is always trying to justify and cover up for his mistakes -as a doc if u don't know something you should own up to it NOT pretend and LIE! I was horrified to know he gave me the wrong results and labs and then his incompetent office calls up and says we have another person with the same last name who was a woman !
I usually respect docs and give them credit for what they do but this one is a clown When u talk to the doc he tries to impress you with his knowledge but I was smart enough to tell him about my UC and colitis He felt very insecure that I got another opinion and sarcastically said the other stomach docs were mediocre and he never refers any one to them Amazing this guy thinks he knows it all When all I see is a dumb money Hungry,egoistic maniac He recently misdiagnosed my friends wife for hemmoroids when she had colon cancer and died from it Please go else where
Dr. Pothuri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Kempegowda Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1998
University Of Massachussetts Memorial Healthcare
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGastrodoxs, 21212 Northwest Fwy Ste 545, Cypress, TX
Dr. Bharat Pothuri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cypress, TX.