Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bharat V Parikh has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 10
This doctor is not a neurologist. He is an MD practicing as a neurologist. He did an EMG on me . I was on a table, he was at my feet and performed the "so called" EMG. Gave me a read out and everything. I never felt anything during that. I had an EMG by another neurologist, and let me tell you, it can be painful with the insertion of the needle and electricial stimulus. This doctor was all over my body with the instruments during the EMG. When Dr Parik did it, there wasn't even a machine in the room. Told my insurance company, but they still list him as a neurologist. Beware.
1st off, how does he even get two stars when - like me - the other reviews only give him one star? Should have been a big clue when the receptionist had me pay the co-pay BEFORE I was seen by him. After the 5 minute visit where I had to pry answers - not good, clear, informative ones either - out of him, I was very disappointed in him. Did not do ANY standard procedures that ANY doctor should do such as taking my weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, etc. Also told me to have my regular doctor prescribe the medicine I need, he would not prescribe me anything, even what he thought I should be taking! Will not see him again. PERIOD!
Arrogant man. Misdiagnosed my mother as having a stroke and Parkinson's. Both WRONG. Then after seizures referred her to an oncologist! After having three seizures - to which he prescribed no anti seizure medicines, we were finally referred to UF in Gainesville and she was diagnosed correctly with a brain tumor and put on anti seizure medicine within 6 hours of admission. Went back to him for medication management and he ends up telling us he doesn't want to see us anymore because we didn't take his advice (we had three other doctors who didn't agree with his advice) and he said we missed a previous appointment (ah because my mom was in the hospital!! Bad doctor who doesn't know his stuff - preying on older people.
34 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Bharat V Parikh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCitrus Neuro Science Institute, 5596 W Norvell Bryant Hwy, Crystal River, FL
Dr. Bharat V Parikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Crystal River, FL.