Dr. Bhavini Bhavsar Is this you?

12 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Bhavini Bhavsar?

Pancreatitus, Thyroid Cancer, then Diabetes

Posted on May 22nd, 2016

I suffered serious acute pancreatitus, which resulted in a damaged pancreas, which within 3 months, was followed by Thyroid Cancer. As a result, I was referred to Dr. Bhavsar and treated for an entire year when it was discovered, during a Pre-Operative appointment by another hospital for a back surgery, that my blood sugar was over 300! Dr. Bhavsar had done exactly one blood sugar analysis on me about 5 days prior to this. When I came home in shock after my surgery was canceled due to undiagnosed assumed diabetes, I found an email from Dr. Bhavsar telling me that "we" needed to meet and look over my blood sugar log because my A1c was too high and "we needed to up my insulin." I was not diabetic (to my knowledge) and none of my medical records indicated diabetes! What was she talking about? Most importantly, why after a more than a year following serious damage to my pancreas, had my blood sugar not been followed? This was only one of many mistakes & issues over the last two two years. Recently on my health record, I noticed "Diabetes Type 2 and Diabetic Nephropathy." First, when my diabetes was diagnosed, Dr. Bhavsar told me I have Type 1 Diabetes, and that my damaged pancreas is producing some insulin but that would likely stop. In addition, I'd never been told, nor had I ever heard of, Diabetic Nephropathy. The response? No, you have Type 2; no explanation as to why the first diagnosis. And the Diabetic Nephropathy explanation was "No, you don't have that, I don't know why that's there." Even more recently, after a nerve conduction test, I was diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy in my legs and feet. This after Dr. Bhavsar had dismissed the numbness and tingling in my legs and feet, saying she was absolutely positive it was not diabetic neuropathy.

Posted on August 3rd, 2016