Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bheema S Singu
Dr. Bheema S Singu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL, with another office in Ocala, FL. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Singu is affiliated with West Marion Community Hospital and Ocala Regional Medical Center. Dr. Singu has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bheema S Singu has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bheema S Singu has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Bheema S Singu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 41
The day after seeing him, I was so sick my husband found me a dr. & I was admitted immediately to the hospital by the new dr. I always got the feeling he didn't know what to do bc my case was complex , but if that's the case find me someone who knows I was in terrible shape. Thank god for the new GI dr. I could've died. I can respect someone who bows out when in over their head ,but to just keep going knowing your not helping & you have no idea what to do next is cruel & irresponsible.
From the time I walked into the office I felt uncomfortable. I just didn't have a good feeling about this visit. I only saw the doctor at the most 5 min's, the person who asked me questions was his nurse. Was never told anything verbally about the procedure, or receive anything to explain to me about the procedure, just papers to fill out about insurance. After reading the reviews on this page, I have decided to cancel.
Dr. Singu thrust the procedure report at me and asked if I knew how to use the internet. He told me I needed to find the surgeon he recommends (last name only) and set up surgery ASAP. Told me to call his office and request records. Did NOT EXPLAIN anything else. The next day, when we saw the surgeon, his nurse took the time to explain. Dr. Singu may be a skilled technician, but he is not a healer.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Singu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Bheema S Singu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bheema S Singu in this video.
Dr. Bheema S Singu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.