Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit
Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peachtree Corners, GA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Purohit is affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center Duluth. Dr. Purohit has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I’ve seen this doctor maybe abut 3 times and I find her demeanor very closed off. She seems distant and talks to you like you don’t understand, although her English is very poor she talks pretty fast and low and you have to have her repeat what she just said.The time she has spent with me or other family members is about 5 to 10 min. She always seems like she is not listening or concern with you. N I’ve never been touched by this Dr Purohit. I truly find her to be cold no smile or courtesy or generosity toward you and she is darker than me so I know it can’t be the color of my skin. I am currently looking for another Dr. and I left the last one because of her rudeness and lack of bed side manners and I am back at square one again and this is just awful. Looking for a Doctor again to feel happy with going to see.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Purohit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Smt Nhl Municipal Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSunit K Singhal Md, 4989 Peachtree Pkwy # 100, Peachtree Corners, GA
Dr. Bhumiben S Purohit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peachtree Corners, GA.