Dr. Bill Bell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bill Bell?

Excellent state of the art eye care.

Posted on January 16th, 2017

I initially saw Dr Bell after a serious injury. He was very thorough, supportive, patient, and a wealth of information. My eye health and vision are significantly improved in the 9 months I have been working with him.

Posted on September 27th, 2016

If I could give less than one star I would. I was seen for over a year for a red eye, with a growth that Dr. Bell said was nothing to worry about. He also made glasses for me that I could never see very well with. When I told him about the glasses, his response was that my eyes were changing too quickly and that's just how it is. But the worst part is that I just went to a different Optometrist to get my yearly check up, only to find out that the growth on my eye that Dr. Bell said not to worry about, is actually a squamous cell tumor! I am now seeing an eye surgeon who confirmed the diagnosis. So what could have been taken care of two years ago, now has grown much larger....

My office visit was one of the best experiences I have had with a physician.

Posted on January 12th, 2015

I had extensive eye watering and needed to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible. I called on a Friday and was able to schedule an appointment the same day. Before being seen by Dr. Bell there was an issue with my billing. Some doctors might have turned me away. Dr. Bell saw me anyway. It is clear he cares about his patients. Dr. Bell meticulously examined my eyes and diagnosed me with a common eye infection and mentioned it was due to aging. Prescription eye drops were prescribed. In two days 100% of my symptoms were gone. He is very professional, has attention to detail, has great bedside manner, and has a high tech office. Front office staff is great too.

Posted on October 22nd, 2012

Spends as much time as you need

Posted on March 1st, 2010

First eye doc I've ever been to who didn't treat me like a leper because I have keratoconus. Was extremely pleased with cararact and eye-bag surgery. Brilliant individual.

Watch out

Posted on December 9th, 2009

I used this opthamologist for several years, but we had several problems with them that seem to indicate that profit trumps everything. Most recently, I had a prescription that was a year and a half old and his office refused to fax this prescription to Costco, where I wanted to purchase glasses (they also refused to give me *my* prescription, which I don't think they can do). His office claimed that it is California state law that eye prescriptions expire in one year, which is not true. California state law is that they expire in two years. It appears that they are doing this to ensure that you return for frequent visits. Further evidence of this was when the receptionist told me that Dr. Bell would consider a request for extending my present prescription beyond one year *if I purchased my glasses from them.* Obviously, they know it's not state law or they wouldn't suggest that they could extend the prescription (provided I purchase eyewear from them). Shysters!

PRK eye surgery

Posted on October 13th, 2009

Dr. Bell performed my PRK corrective eye surgery and I cannot be more pleased. He came highly recommended by another eye doctor office. I wish I had done this years ago. Dr. Bell is fantastic as you can see by my 4 stars above.

BEST eye doctor around!

Posted on June 22nd, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Bell for about 5 years now. I was getting headaches and was told I had 20/20 vision by other optometrists. After going to all kinds of other doctors, Dr. Bell was recommended to me. He took the time to do my eye test manually instead of leaving it to the computer. Turns out I did have 20/20 vision, but, as he explained it, my focusing muscle worked too hard to get it, thus straining my eyes and giving me a headache. He took the time to figure this out!!! He gave me a very subtle prescription, and it solved my problem!!! Not only is he thorough, but extremely nice and caring. Every time I see him he asks how my family is doing, etc. Just a genuine guy. I have since moved and will still drive 2 hours to see him every year.

Posted on December 9th, 2016