Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Billy R Carstens
Dr. Billy R Carstens, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Wellsville, NY, with another office in Wellsville, NY. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Carstens has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Billy R Carstens has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Migraine Disorders
- Spinal Osteophytosis (Spondylosis)
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Chronic Pain
- Neck Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Acute Pain
- Headache Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have had chronic back pain for 20 years and have tried EVERYTHING!! Dr. Carstens has by far managed my pain better than anyone in those 20 years I have seen him for almost 5 years now.Sometimes he runs behind schedule but I never mind waiting, because he is WORTH THE WAIT!! He spends the time needed once he is with you. As for the staff, one has to realize that those people are hired by the hospital, not by Dr Carstens!!! If you take the time to communicate with him and be honest with him, he will help you with your pain. I would be lost without him. He has made my life livable again! I have recommended him to many people..... we are lucky to have him in this rural area!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Billy R Carstens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Billy R Carstens in this video.
Dr. Billy R Carstens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wellsville, NY.