Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bimaljit S Sandhu
Dr. Bimaljit S Sandhu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with another office in Richmond, VA. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sandhu is affiliated with Bon Secours St Marys Hospital. Dr. Sandhu has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bimaljit S Sandhu has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bimaljit S Sandhu has the following 22 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Barrett Esophagus
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Dr. Bimaljit S Sandhu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Sandhu conducted an EGD procedure twice on me and far surpassed what another physician had attempted multiple times previously. I am so thankful to have been referred to him. Nurses and families of other patients hold him in high esteem and freely say that he would be their first choice. He is an A+ intelligent, skilled, and personable specialist.
Dr. Sandhu is not only extremely knowledgeable, he is sincerely invested in his patientâs health. After every procedure I had performed by him, Dr. Sandhu called me to check on me. Dr. Sandhu was always prompt in returning my phone calls when I had issues and questions. I could not be more pleased with his care. I would highly recommend him.
I saw Dr Sandhu in the summer of 2015 after having pancreatic surgery the year before, and I was having problems with stomach pains, turns out he diagnosed adhesions pressing on the left side of my colon. He stated to start smoothies, after 2 months the pain has gone from a 10 to a 1 and no additional surgery would be needed at this time. I would highly recommend him and he understood my issues
The care I received in this office has been my BEST Experience with a Medical professional since relocating to Richmond (by far)!!!! Being in a new city and having to find ALL New Doctors can become quite fustrating, Dr. Sandhu office staff understood that - and relieved my anxiety. Dr. Sandhu is a consummate professional, orders proceedures Quickly, and is a caring physician!!! A+++++
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sandhu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Bimaljit S Sandhu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bimaljit S Sandhu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.