Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bindu Bennuri has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Bindu Bennuri has the following 12 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
Dr. Bindu Bennuri has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Our experiences with this doctor are not very good. My husband has had to cause a scene at the office to get our daughter checked out by a specialist. Another time she was very sick, very groggy, high fever, and complained of stomach ache. I took her to him, first the nursing staff told me she did not have a fever and i knew she did. Then she went in to see him, in the end he said it was just a virus, he gave her nothing medicine wise, did not run any tests to see why she was sick. The next morning she was still sick, my mother took her to the emergency room and they diagnosed her with a very bad case of strep. The er physician stated that she could not believe this was not caught the day before, it was that bad. A friend of mine also has had bad issues with this doctor. Her baby kept getting ear infections, she begged him to do something about them, but he kept prescibing medicine for it, not trying to FIX the problem. Finally she got better insurance and could take her to a better doctor and now her daughter is deaf due to the ear infections. She has tubes in her ears now, the doctor said she may regain some hearing but not all of it. I have made medicare aware of this problem and when I told them his name they had already heard some things regarding him. This is the only way I can help apparently because no one will listen that matters. So, if there are any parents reading this please, if you can, go to another pediatrician.
Dr. Bennuri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Bindu Bennuri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBama Pediatrics, 920 Rose Dr, Northport, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bindu Bennuri in this video.
Dr. Bindu Bennuri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northport, AL.