Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bindu N Mathew
Dr. Bindu N Mathew, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ossining, NY. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mathew is affiliated with Phelps Memorial Hospital Center-Northwell Hospital. Dr. Mathew has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Bindu N Mathew has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Both my mother and I started seeing Dr. Mathew this year. All 5 visits we had to wait 30mins to an hour. She has odd hours at different offices and is always overbooked. Follow up calls are pretty much non existent and you have to hound the office to find out information. After one of my mother's visits she was told by one nurse that her iron levels were back to normal and then a different nurse called a week later and told her the opposite (both looking at the same lab results and getting notes from Dr. Mathew??). My sister is a dietician and looked over her blood work results and saw my mothers iron levels were actually normal. A month later my mother went in again because she was experiencing tingling in her hands. Dr. Mathew ordered more blood work and told her to get a hand brace and see a neurologist. My mother gets a call later that week and is told she has diabetes-- no explanation or talk about how this happened or how to handle it. Luckily, my sister was skeptical and decided to go in and look over the most recent blood work. Her levels actually categorized her as pre-diabetic. My mother goes to neurologist and after blood work finds out she has lymes disease, which Dr. Mathew did not think to look into. We will obviously be looking for a new PCP.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mathew is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 2002
University At Buffalo
Dr. Bindu N Mathew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColumbia Doctors, 14 Church St, Ossining, NY
Dr. Bindu N Mathew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ossining, NY.