- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Biree Andemariam
Biree Andemariam is a Doctor primarily located in Farmington, CT. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Hematology. She speaks English.
263 Farmington Ave
Farmington, CT 06030
Biree Andemariam has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
Biree Andemariam has the following 7 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Biree Andemariam is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Biree Andemariam - Posted on May 11th, 2015
Dr. Andemariam is an awesome Dr. who does and will continue to do amazing things for Sickle Cell Disease. My only dissatisfaction was with her Nurse Practitioner who I believe is no longer there, who had a horrible bedside manner and didn't behave as if she had as much invested in the overall care for Sickle Cell patients as Dr. Andemariam has. Anyone who suffers from SCD should definitely visit Dr. Andemariam for she is definitely here to help us live a long, productive & healthy life!
Biree Andemariam Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Biree Andemariam's office for more information.
263 Farmington Ave Farmington, CT 06030
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Connecticut Health Ctr-John Dempsey Hospital, 263 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT
Take a minute to learn about Biree Andemariam in Farmington, CT, in this video.
Biree Andemariam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Farmington, CT.