Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Birgit Rakel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Birgit Rakel has the following 9 expertise
- Alternative Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Family Planning
Dr. Birgit Rakel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Birgit Rakel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
If I could give a negative star review I would. I found Dr Rakel to be lacking in diagnostic skills and short sighted in her approach to treatment methodologies and clearly did not listen to her patients feedback. The so called integrated approach used in her office fuels this attitude as information shared with another doctor there in confidence (counseling session regarding patients past) made its way into a tirade from Dr Rakel when her frustration mounted. Unprofessional? I'd say a breach of doctor/patient confidentiality. Beware of this office, this practice and this doctor in particular. Steer well clear.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rakel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Underwood Memorial Hospital
Dr. Birgit Rakel accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
Locations & DirectionsMyrna Brind Center For Integrative Medicine, 925 Chestnut St Ste 120, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Birgit Rakel in this video.
Dr. Birgit Rakel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.