Dr. Birgit Toome Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Birgit Toome?

Posted on May 13th, 2017

Dr. Toome worst physician, I have encountered. She has no manner towards me, abrupt and very brief encounter. Did not pay much attention to my complaint. I felt she did not want to spend time and explain various treatment. She just want to enforced her on therapy. She told me very abruptly treatment for the small benign lesion is excision. I asked if she can just freeze it like other dermatologist do. She abruptly left the room She spent only about 3-4 minutes with me, after waiting more than our at the patient area and exam room. Therefore, I would not like to go back to her or recommend her to other patients. She was abrupt andlack of other doctor manners. She does not want to hear other treatment to a benign small small skin lesion, except her own way of treatment

Run

Posted on May 28th, 2016

This is what happens when someone gets some medical training then decides to be a real estate agent. Look on her web page. I freely admit I've never met this "doctor" but I found her through a Groupon for laser hair removal and considered buying it. All through her website, she uses the title Dr. but no credentials after her name such as MD, DO. Sheesh, she could be a vetinarian for all we know. When "doctors" hide this, it instantly sends up a red flag to me. Also on THIS website, under education, she lists UMDNJ for a medical school, but no residency or fellowship in dermatology. I work in the medical field and usually physicians are proud of their accomplishments and happy to share/display . Two minutes of research on her before buying a Groupon saves me from a lot of headache in dealing with this woman. She may be smart and know how to rake in money but I have serious doubts about the quality of patient care here. No thanks! If it walks like a duck...

Posted on September 30th, 2015

I had a cosmetic procedure done witch was not covered by medicare we paid for it and that was ok we asked if there were any other charges for this they said no . Then we found out they billed medicare for a office visit also.We would not use them again.

Unreasonable wait time

Posted on September 15th, 2015

Bring a copy of War and Peace or Ulysses for the waiting room. Totally unreasonable wait just to spend 5 minutes with her!!

I've always wanted the look of a soft plump and...

Posted on August 1st, 2015

I've always wanted the look of a soft plump and voluminous pout, especially on my top lip. I decided to go to "Appearance Dermatology" in English Creek, NJ. I told the doctor that and she suggested I get 2 syringes instead of one which is what I was hoping to get. Thinking she knew better I decided to purchase the hefty 2 and was over the top nervous/excited to finally get the look I've been dying to get. Until I was shown what my lips looked like after she was done and I was nearly brought to tears..the only thing that heldentenor back was that I didn't want to cry in front of the doctor and the nurse. I hated what she did! My lips looked deformed and later noticed that my lips formed bruising, more so on the inside corner of my mouth and unevenness that I had already voiced was a concern of mine enhanced (which I think is caused by her putting more fluid on the side I already had an unevenness). Later I started to feel bumps all around the inside of my lip and as the day is going I'm getting more swollen and I'm sending throbbing, tightness and discomfort. I also find that I can't purse my lips and if I were to go to drink out of a straw, or close it on a fork or spoon I'm feeling a tightness and slight pain! I'm so upset and disappointed and crushed. I spent way more that I anticipated and the results left me feeling deformed. Please, I'm asking any doctors with experience and knowledge, is this normal? Will it go away? Or should I get the enzyme to dissolve it. If so would it be fair for them to charge me or would they need to waiver the charge because of their incompetence?

terrible service

Posted on July 30th, 2015

When i saw the doctor i was told i had an infection and a prescription was given . I took it to the pharmacy and learned that prescription that was not on insurance formulary and if filled it would cost me $800 or I had to receive a prescription for a different antibiotic. I called from the pharmacy informing office of this and requested another antibiotic be ordered. The pharmacy also faxed this information to the office. I was told the doctor would be in at 8am and would be given my phone message and the pharmacy's fax, which they confirmed they received. At 9am the next morning i checked with pharmacy. they received no additional prescription or response to their fax. I called the office and was told doctor was seeing patients, no one else could help me but the fax and phone message was there and would be given to her. i called back at 2:30 and was told exactly the same thing. i was also told they could not guarantee that i would get an immediate response, which was already obviously the case. I explained i called the night before and at 9am this morning. I explained my pharmacy sent a fax the night before. I again was told there was no guarantee that my issue would be addressed on that day. I requested my message be given to the doctor and that i would call back. At 5pm i called back and was told there were no physicians or physicians assistants in the office, they had all gone home and I would have to wait until tomorrow. The lack of concern for my well being was unbelievable. I will follow up this review tomorrow. I wonder when my issue will be addressed. But i do know i will not be recommending this doctor to anyone nor will i return.

Disappointed

Posted on July 29th, 2015

I will not be returning to this office. I was extremely disappointed with my experience from the front desk to the physician. I waited for 2 hours to see Dr. Toome and she spent less than 2 minutes with me. She did not introduce herself to me nor inquire about my problem of why I came to see her. She asked me to sit on the table for an exam as soon as she walked in the room with her 2 nurses. She spoke to them and not to me. They wrote out my prescription and tried to sell me on laser hair removal. I did not see her for anything related to laser hair removal. It was honestly the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. Sad thing is, I don't think she even cares how bad she is. I did not look up reviews on her before I made my appointment. I sure wish I had and saved my time and money.

Posted on February 11th, 2015

HORRIBLE

Removal of basal cell

Posted on December 4th, 2014

This is the worst doctor ever. Removed a pin head size basal cell that resulted in a HUGE area that sunk in on my chest the size of a tangerine. She over injected me. Nonetheless, I had to go to Dr. Paul Gross in PA who saved me and brought the area back to normal but it took a year of injections to fix it. Do not recommend horrible dermatologist and surgeon (if you want to call her that!)

Same Experience as Most Patients Seen

Posted on February 11th, 2014

After my wait, Toome walked in, never introduced herself, this was my first visit there, told me my next visit I would have to have a skin cancer screening. Upon leaving after my treatment was told I would have to come back every two weeks and also told to use over the counter treatment. I could have done that all along myself. Someone should really check this practice, this is why insurance is so expensive. It is a factory of patients. And after all this she treated the wrong area and when I promptly pointed it out to her right then and there at the moment she did it, she told me I was wrong and she didn't. I have taken several pictures and she clearly has and plus, hello, I am not an idiot, I think I know what I went there for!

worst doctor ever

Posted on September 26th, 2013

The first time I went to her I waited 2 and a half hours, only to be seen by her for 3 mins. She hardly examined me. I went to other office she was in thinking it would be better. The wait wasn't as long. The floor was very dirty and didn't want to touch anything. She was the same, bringing in a group of students without asking me, and talking as if I weren't there. It was a terrible experience and would never go back, or recommend her to anyone.

If you're looking for a new Dermatologist, look elsewhere!

Posted on July 26th, 2012

If you look up "mill" in the dictionary, you will see a photo of Dr. Toome's waiting room as an illustration. Granted, she has some medical skills as a dermatologist, but they are quickly eclipsed by her plan of double and triple-booking her schedule and making as much money as humanly possible. I've had 3 appointments with her. I've waited for a total of 3.5 hours for those appointments, received about 8 minutes of care (total), and didn't even see her on my 3rd appointment after waiting 2 hours. This has been a terrible experience to the point that I'd almost rather live with my skin condition, than be tortured by doctors.