Dr. Birgit Wiswe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Birgit Wiswe?

Great Doctor and Even Better Person!

Posted on September 3rd, 2015

Dr. Wiswe is one of the best doctors I have ever received care from. I've been going to her for about 3 years now as my GP after seeing several doctors I felt I was getting unsatisfactory care through. She is thorough, compassionate, and actually listens to her patients. My overall health is so much better after going to her because she took the time to make proper diagnoses and followed up with necessary treatment. She also has a good sense of humor and doesn't belittle you, even though she is incredibly bright. There is generally a wait, but it's because she spends whatever time is necessary with her patients, rather than rushing them through an assembly line with unanswered questions. I drive rather far (considering she's a primary) to see her, but it's totally worth it. I highly recommend her!

Terrible Experience with this Doctor and This Office

Posted on February 19th, 2015

This doctor came very highly recommended to me. I see that she also has good reviews online. Therefore, when I transferred to this office, I had high expectations. I took the time to make sure that all of my records were faxed over in advance of my first appointment from my old doctor who was retiring (a $65 charge). The first thing I found out after checking in was that they couldn't find the records. They blamed the other office. Accused them over never sending them. Not a great first impression after I had spent so much money for a seamless transition. After waiting almost 40 minutes (and having numerous pharmaceutical reps catered to first), I finally had a brief meeting with Dr. Wiswe. We never discussed any of the medical issues that brought me to her office. Essentially, we checked a box that I would now be her patient and she sent me packing. I expected more and I had thought that on the first visit she could hve done a little real "doctoring". Neverthless, I resolved that I would have to schedule a second visit to discuss things with her (preferably after the office found my paperwork). After a week of calling my old doctor's office and the new one, we found that this office did indeed receive the faxed file. It has been lost in a stack somewhere in the doctor's office. I scheduled a second visit - this time with an intention to really talk about two medical concerns. My wait in the office was miserable again. During this visit, I described to her the two very specific things that were bothering me and disclosed that I have a serious and real phobia to needles. She dismissed me out of hand stating that if I have a needle phobia I'll just have to "learn to live with" the issues that are bothering me. I never returned to this office. What a horrible and embarrassing experience. And a true waste of time and money with my lost paperwork.

Caring

Posted on October 11th, 2013

Wonderful doctor who gives her patients great care and attention even when she is extremely busy....a gem!

Very Caring, Courteous and professional!

Posted on September 8th, 2012

I have been a patient of Doctor Wiswe's for many, many years. She has successfully diagnosed and treated many health problems over the years. If she were not the best I would have moved on. Now that I am getting up in age it's more important than ever to have a doctor who will take the time to explain tests results as well as the opinions of other specialists she had sent me to see. Doctors like her are becoming rare these days! Need I say more!

Excellent doctor

Posted on February 23rd, 2011

Dr. Wiswe has been my GP for over 15 years. I had switched to her because I had issues with my previous doctor. I chose her because her practice was close to home, but I've stayed with her because she is a superb doctor. Her diagnostic skills are excellent and she will refer you to a specialist when necessary. I would give her ten starts for her bedside manner. She clearly cares for her patients and will spend extra time with you if that is needed for a particular situation. Some days that may result in longer wait times, but given the reason for this, it is not a negative. All in all, I highly recommend Dr. Wiswe as a family practioner.

Posted on May 11th, 2017