Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Birjis K Alam has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Birjis K Alam has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Birjis K Alam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I am extremely pleased with Dr Alam. The staff is always quick to get me in when I am feeling ill. Appts. are easy and prompt. The staff is always friendly and courteous. Dr Alam is usually very friendly and spends the time it takes to make an accurate diagnosis. She is well aware of the current state of medicine and makes great referrals, I don't mind waiting longer in the office to see the doctor. That is the nature of the business because good doctors make schedule adjustments to see patients who must see the doctor on short notice. Additionally, if you want the doctor to spend more time or if she feels she must spend more time then those waiting in the lobby must wait a bit longer. Either you want a thorough doctor or one who is quick so you as a patient do not wait. I prefer thoroughness. The doctor is available if I need her after for followup, Her staff has reminded me when I missed a lab follow-up that it is important I do the lab work.
I recieved a positive referral to go to this Dr. and my first impressions were very good. The only problem I had was getting an appointment. I had to call three times and kept getting told (not very pleasantly on the 1st call) that they needed approval from my insurance. 1st time I ever had this problem.
I've had two appointments with her that were less than desirable. She runs a good office, but she keeps forgetting what is told to her during the exam. She says inappropriate things and can be very negative and not supportive.
Dr. Alam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Raritan Bay Medical Center
Dr. Birjis K Alam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr Birjis K Alam Md Pa, 12781 Miramar Pkwy Ste 101, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Birjis K Alam in this video.
Dr. Birjis K Alam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.