Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bj J Scott has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Showing 3 of 3
I felt Dr. Scott was very rude to both myself as well as when I took a elderly family member to an appointment. She seems to be more concerned about my weight problem and completly over looked all my other medical issues... She was very short with me and would not elaborate on any of the questions I asked.. A big difference from the Dr I used to see in this office..
First, I would like to point out that the appointment was for the elderly family member. Second, I am very concerned about weight problems and the obesity epidemic. Addressing the medical complications of obesity without addressing the root cause is not practicing good medicine.
34 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Bj J Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRalph H Johnson Va Medical Center, 109 Bee St, Charleston, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bj J Scott in this video.
Dr. Bj J Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.