3.8

Excellent Doctor!

Professional, compassionate, smart - Have seen him for ankle and foot care over the last 4 years. I was treated for a severe bunion and the surgery eliminated all the pain and discomfort in that foot! Amazing! Best surgeon, have referred others to him for that procedure and they had same experience as I did!

Jerry

Dr Ohlson took time out of his busy foot and ankle practice to speak with me on two different occasions. The first was to address some calf pain Ive been dealing with for over a year. Dr Ohlson took the time to hear about my symptoms and then address my concern. He was spot on with the diagnoses and treatment plan. It has been two months since our discussion and I’m pain free! The second one was for my child who had some foot trouble. Dr Ohlson took the time to look and address my concerns. The problem was resolved and he was accurate again. I trust him with my family and would go back to see him.

Outstanding doc

Not worth the wait

We too waited nearly an hour to be seen after being rescheduled from morning to aftn, to accommodate this drs needs. His appearance was poor, he was very abrupt and arrogant, and he did not wish to answer my questions re surgery on my recent foot fracture. We sought a second opinion the next [email protected] Ortho. Extremely glad we did! I am now doing quite well.

Potential patient

I waited an hour plus. He came in and did not look or act professional. He looked at my foot from a distance of 4-5 ft. Said he would break my foot, reset my heal and replace my tendon. Said recovery would one year. Huh? And then he walked out of the room, saying he was sorry to give the bad news. Needless to say, with such a thorough exam, I chose another doctor who I like very much.”

I chose him becoase I was told he was an orthopedic surgeon that specialized in feet and at that time, he was the only one in the Roper network that came to the Mount Pleasant office. Unfortunately, he was not up to date on current methods, procedures and surgeries in his field. In fact, I came to him for a plantar plate tear and he was unaware of a surgical procedure that has been used for over 7 years to repair plantar plate tears, did not address the plantar plate tear during my surgery and after two second opinions, I had to have a second surgery by another doctor to repair his mistakes AND repair the plantar plate tear (my original injury). He also had a horrible bedside manner: he was rude, dismissive, refused to answer questions and even got angry enough to yell so loudly at me that the entire office could hear him before he stormed out of the room. As for his general appearance, he wore a dirty white coat, had unkept hair, and aappeared to not have showered. Being visually impaired, I do not drive so I needed a doctor in Mount Pleasant, and having a Roper preferred insurance plan, I thought he was my only option. In retrospect, I should have paid more and chosen another doctor.

Absolutely horrible doctor

Do not waste your time here. I waited over 2 hours and walked out in more pain then when I walked in. It was so bad I had to seek medical care at another facility that same day. He has the worst attitude and exam I have ever experienced. He was absolutely horrific.

Dr. Blake Ohlson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Charleston, SC.