Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bob A Grubbs has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
To be honest to much to state of such a Great Doctor. We are blessed to have him in Tuscaloosa. He has a new state of art medical system. However, Dr. Grubbs spends the time with you until you understand Medical conditions , even DX from someone else. He Finds all ways to help you and really cares. I was Unaware of some medical conditions and what I was told Dr. Grubbs on his own explained conditions and took away My fears from another Doctor. That's priceless! A Doctor that cares so much and knows and stays ontop of all Conditions is RARE this day and age! I am blessed To have him as my Doctor! For it allows me to hand over my Unrelated health issues to God and health conditions over to Dr Grubbs and he stays on top. He is a God sent Talented Doctor!
I've lived in 9 states due to my career and I have never had a primary doctor that I had more confidence than I do for Dr. Bob Grubbs. When he sends me to a specialist for further testing 9 times out of 10 it is a condition he suspected. He is the best and I deeply appreciate the time he spends with me on a visit. I don't mind spending extra time in the waiting room because of the time he takes with his patients.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dch Regional Medical Center
Dr. Bob A Grubbs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Family Practice, 904 Anna Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bob A Grubbs in this video.
Dr. Bob A Grubbs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tuscaloosa, AL.