Dr. Bob B Shafa Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Bob B Shafa?

awesome explanation

Took me through the process step by step. Knew more about my tumor than I did. Reached out to my oncologist and care team. Visited us before MRI.

His an angel that save my son's life . Truly a kind human being .Highly recommendable ,and very professional in his work.

HE IS OUR ANGEL

DR Shafa is our angel. He performed the surgery that saved my mom's life. He helped me through a horrific time where I could only rely on the expertise of others to care for my mother. Because of him, my mother is up walking around today, walking in her garden and enjoying life. Thank you for being there for us.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I had second thoughts going to Dr Shafa for a second opinion because of some of the reviews i read here. But after making the appointment with Rochelle, and meeting Dr Shafa for the first time, I can honestly say that the people that are saying mean things to him are simply put just mean people. Dr Shafa has the best bedside manner,. He is not arrogant like they said, he is quite the opposite. He is very knowledgable about tumor that I have and what is the best thing to do. He did not recommend surgery right away since I just had a baby. The pituitary tumor that i had is now almost gone.Thank you Dr shafa for not cutting me open and just observing it first was the best thing you could've done for me and my family. Thank God, I didn't listen to the other surgeon that wanted to do surgery on me right away. Thank you so much Dr Shafa!!!!

KIND AND PERSONABLE

Where do I begin with Dr. Shafa, he is the most caring, and amazing Doctor I have ever met. He treats you like family. He is very thorough with every question that you ask him. I don't understand the people that say mean things about him. All I know is that I will recommend him to anybody that needs his expertise. He is the best Neurosurgeon I Know. Whomever is reading this, don't lose heart from the negative things people say, listen to the numerous people he has helped and has had 2nd lives because of him.

Get a second opinion.

Would recommend getting a second opinion. I will not be having my surgery with this surgeon. He grossly misdiagnosed my condition. His staff is nice but I do not have anything positive to say about this doctor, his demeanor, or his opinions/diagnosis. He seems overly confident in himself which is great if you have the knowledge and proper diagnosis to back that up. Not great when you provide a patient with the wrong diagnosis.

Get a second opinion. This physician gave me an entirely an appropriate diagnosis. I need surgery and he blew it off as no big deal. Thank God I am now at UCLA and he is no longer practicing there.

Wife

Overall experience with Dr Shafa was excellent! He is knowledgeable and competent in scary situations when operating on the brain on my 80 year old husband. I like Dr Shafa's reassuring manner.

To receive any diagnosis of a brain tumor is horrific, but to have a doctor like Dr. Shafa explain the procedure, prognosis, and recovery helped in calming my fears. His confidence gave me confidence in my full recovery.

Very thorough and complete

I believe Dr. Shafa was very thorough and explanation was complete. I was confident in his recommendation for treatment. I will gladly recommend my family and friends to him. Thanks for everything Dr. Shafa

Dr. Shafa preformed brain, skull and neck surgery on my husband last month. It was a complicated surgery and due to Dr. Shafa's expertise as a neurosurgeon, the surgery was a success. Both he and Roselle were kind, caring and accessible to the needs of our entire family, during this difficult time. We were so fortunate to have him as my husbands surgeon.

Successful back surgery!

I had horrible sciatica pain for 8 months. I tried Physical therapy, pain killers, etc etc. The only option left was surgery. Thank God I got a 2nd opinion from Dr. Shafa, who reviewed my MRI with me in detail on a big screen, which was extremely educational and made me clearly realize I had arthritic bone blocking my nerve channel at L5/S1. The previous surgeon I met with didn't show me anything and his diagnosis was to remove my L4/L5 disc! Instead, Dr. Shafa was able to shave off the arthritic bone at L5/S1 and my sciatica pain was gone right after the operation! It took about 6-8 weeks to recover from surgery (normal recovery time), and now I have my life back and I'm off pain killers!! Yay! Thank you so much, Dr. Shafa! And I can't emphasize enough how important a 2nd opinion is when you're considering surgery!!