Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bobby J Newbell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
This man cares ZERO for his patients. He is one of the only doctors in Hazel Green which is all he has going for him. I came in with an obvious abcess a child could diagnose. He spent 2 minutes with me and prescribed a topical foam, after I could clearly hear him making jokes about it in the next room. A few days later the toxins were in my bloodstream & I was hospitalized with IV antibiotics. The ER doctor warned me of this dangerous quack but by then I already knew the extent of his negligence. Today I found out he misdiagnosed my mother, now she is in HSV hospital too. Dr. Newbell is a disgrace to the medical field. I'm meeting with a lawyer as soon as my mother is able. We want no money, to protect others we just want his license!
Very poor bed side manner should never see children. Told me he had a room I could discipline my uncooperative two year old in after we had waited an hour refused to examine my two year old for being uncooperative. I took to another doctor and he had an infection in both ears. Now wonder he was uncooperative.
Prescribed a "maintencance" drug when all that was needed was something that I could take as needed. He told me that doctors no longer prescribed the "take as needed" drugs I inquired about, but told me I could take the drug he prescribed as needed, yet when I phoned my pharmacist and told them what he had prescribed and asked about the price of it, and if I could in fact take it as needed as Dr. Newbell said they were appalled! They said the drug I actually needed was the drug Newbell said doctors no longer prescribed, and that the drug he prescribed was not a take as you need drug...that stopping it abruptly was actually not recommended
Dr. Newbell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Bobby J Newbell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHazel Green Family Practice, 12801 Highway 231 431 N, Hazel Green, AL
Dr. Bobby J Newbell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hazel Green, AL.