The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bohdan A Makarewycz has the following 3 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Plastic Surgery within the Head & Neck
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have suffered with chronic sinusitis for more than 20 years. Dr. Makarewycz was the second to the last of many ENTs who treated me over this time. His failure to take my problem seriously caused me to continue to suffer for many years until I found an ENT in Palo Alto who finally corrected my problem with sinus surgery. I am well at last! But no thanks to Dr. Makarewycz, he failed to do any of the diagnostics that the Dr. in Palo Alto did, and he thought it was acceptable for me to suffer sinus infection after sinus infection. He just kept writing a new script for antibiotics and saying that was the best he could do. Well it wasn't. and if he's telling you it's the best he can do, look around. Find another opinion.
47 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Bohdan A Makarewycz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeninsula Ear Nose & Throat, 1828 El Camino Real Ste 704, Burlingame, CA
Dr. Bohdan A Makarewycz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlingame, CA.