Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bojan Cercek
Dr. Bojan Cercek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Cercek is affiliated with Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Huntington Hospital and Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Bojan Cercek has the following 4 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Bojan Cercek has the following 15 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Diseases
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Carotid Artery Injuries
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Bojan Cercek has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bojan Cercek is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Cercek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
39 Years Experience
University Of Ljubljani
Graduated in 1974
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCedars-Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Bojan Cercek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.