Have you seen Dr. Bonnie L Barsky?

personalized help if you are willing to wait for it

This is a popular place. You will get personalized, unrushed treatment and consultation, but plan on having to be patient as appts. often run quite late. Bring a book for the waiting room.

Recent Patient

Had not seen Dr. Barsky for 2 yrs, since the change of her practice. Have previously had cancer spot removed. Last week, had serious concerns about red spots all over my legs. Her nurse Laura, was able to squeeze me in for a consultation and the diagnosis was right on track, spots gone in two days. She also saw and removed another cancer spot (awaiting results). Very thoughtful and thorough for a quick consult. Worth the wait!!!

Dr. Barsky is the best. She took the time with my wife and I to explain everything, very thorough. We will recommend her!

Awsome service

I stopped by her new office and although the office was new to her, the exceptional care was not. Unlike most MDs she will give you as much time as you need, as well as great care. The procedures were very fast and all the removals did not return. I would recommend her to anyone. My teenage daughter went as well, and feels most comfortable discussing personal issues with her.

I was not very impressed-- the wait was extended and the staff mentioned rather unapologetically, "Dr Barsky tends to run 45 minutes to an hour behind". I am willing to wait for a good doctor, this alone would not have been a big deal. But she did not seem very interested during the visit. She was not all that friendly. A little disheveled in appearance. I was disappointed. Maybe just caught her on a bad day.

Best dermatologist I've ever seen

Dr. Barsky is very determined not to miss anything. I have a history of skin cancers and she is determined not to miss anything on my 3 x a year visits. She not only finds problem areas but has trained me what to look for on my own so that if I find something she'll get me in to check it out. Because it's a small office with a lot of patients for the 2 docs there it may be hard to get in for an emergency like the other reviewer said...but gee whiz, my primary care doctor diagnosed my shingles and didn't send me to a dermatologist. If you're gonna complain that's where the complaint goes.

Great staff, and a wonderful physician

Have been visiting Dr Barsky once or twice a year in the past 6 years. She is a busy Dr, and one that is worth waiting for. Fantastic staff; knowledgable, curtious, and friendly. The Dr is always pleasant and personable - a rare find in today's quick and fast attitude most physicians have towards their patients. Clinically she is outstading as well, and I have seen other Derms during that period, so I can compare their findings. The wait can be a bit long - isn't that's why they call us "patients" :)?!

The staff of Dr. Barsky is not very knowledgable in referrals and insurance issues. I would not recommend this doctor.

My primary care physician referred me to this Dr, to see if I could come in w/in 1-2 days due to emergency rash symptoms I was experiencing with one side of my leg/groin area. The secretary kept insisting they were booked that day and gave me other offices to try. No luck, so I called again to see if I could at least put my name in for the following week (I didn't know what was happening to me-I was not the doctor but ended up becoming my own doctor in the end). When I introduced myself to another secretary who answered the phone, she was surprised when I told her what I was told the first time (that they were booked), but she re-directed me back to the 1st secretary before I could ask what was going on. Even after explaining my issue in detail again, (which even others with these symptoms have told me I need to get to a doc asap), she didn't even try to tell me she'd put me on a list if anyone canceled, or any advice besides they were booked and simply gave me other docs to call again. 1st, I got impression that a second secretary would have helped me out and given me a time slot.2nd, there was no help in "squeezing" me into a cancellation list, or even trying to.3rd, how can u tell me no one calls with sudden cases of rashes or similar? and that these cases are all turned away and told they are booked for 3 months? I don't buy that. Even my other docs that are booked that far out leave some room for emergency cases, or give a call to patients after hours with advice. I wasn't calling for any cosmetic treatment that could have waited; I had strange symptoms which turned out to be actual shingles...I didn't know that at the time, but it was not a minor condition. I got worst in those next few days and know its best to go to my local pharmacist in the future who was on target and knows best.

Dr. Bonnie L Barsky is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Northbrook, IL.

Dr. Bonnie L Barsky Is this you?