Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bonnie L Floyd
Dr. Bonnie L Floyd, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiology. Dr. Floyd is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Dr. Floyd has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Bonnie L Floyd has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 5 of 18
I first met Dr. Bonnie in the ER at Medical City, Dallas. She was calm, assuring and very pleasing to the eyes. She made me feel that I was not going to die that day. I have been with her for over twenty years now and I have not had a better doctor, nor have I heard of someone better. In her office visits, she will make you feel that you are the only one on her list for today. She is on top of the newest innovations and procedures. Her knowledge, patient care are the things that drives her. She spends more time with patients in or out of the hospital than anyone I have know. If you want the best, this she is the one you need.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011, 2014, 2010, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2014, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Floyd is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1980
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. Bonnie L Floyd accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFloyd Cardiology, 7777 Forest Ln Ste B215, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bonnie L Floyd in this video.
Dr. Bonnie L Floyd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.