3.3

Have you seen Dr. Bonnie Koo?

Happy I Went

Got an appointment within a week or so of calling. Her assistant went over my personal info before the doctor examined me. I was satisfied with her examination. I pointed out areas that I questioned and she explained what was going on. In my case, the exam found no problems. Being bald, she offered to treat the skin tags on my head and suggested I return in a couple months for a follow up on them. Found her to be very pleasant.

Terrible experience

I went to Bonnie Koo as a dermatologist. The appointment was the worst physician interaction I have ever had. She was rude and patronizing, and did not listen to what I was saying. She told me to stop washing my hands and stop cleaning. I work full-time in a corporate setting and have a cleaning lady and nanny at home. Honestly my hands are not in hot, detergent-filled water very often. She prescribed a cream that made the condition of my nails significantly worse in just one day. I went back to my PCP, who prescribed a steroid cream that quieted the condition. I asked about a rash I have on my face and she reused to comment because I came to the office with foundation on. I would have been willing to wash it off! I asked for a skin cancer body scan and was asked to undress to prepare for the scan. She looked at one mark on my front thigh. She did not look at my arms, lower legs, chest, or back of my body. I do intend to examine my EOB and be sure my insurance company was not charged for the scan. She is horrible doctor. I was clear when I made the appointment that I was concerned about an eczema or psoriasis on my hands and other parts of my body. The office staff should have told me she does not treat those diagnosis, if that is the case. My rating is minus 5 stars. She was arrogant, did not listen, and supplied medicine that worsened my condition.

Dr. Koo is a very good Doctor, very professional ,I saw her for a second opinion and she was wonderful.

She explain in detail the treatment for my condition (Basel Cell Ca) and expended the time to ease my anxiety. I think she did a very good job. She is a solid doctor.

Birth Control

Dr. Bonnie Koo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.

Dr. Bonnie Koo Is this you?