Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bonnie Shanis MD
Dr. Bonnie Shanis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lansdale, PA, with other offices in Doylestown, PA and Lansdale, PA (and 1 other location). She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Shanis is affiliated with Central Montgomery Medical Center, Doylestown Hospital and Abington Health-Lansdale Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Bonnie Shanis has 4 locations
Dr. Bonnie Shanis has the following 1 specialty
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Bonnie Shanis has the following 13 expertise
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Menstruation Disturbances
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Bonnie Shanis - Posted on January 5th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Bonnie Shanis - Posted on August 18th, 2013
After seeing 4 doctors prior , I finally found a doctor that cared and can explain what is happening to me ! Dr Shanis did not brush off my concerns like the other doctors..hair loss, weight gain, stress, sleeplessness . She knew what test to order , questions to ask and more importantly she explained what can be done and what can help. She is friendly, pleasure to talk with and makes you comfortable enough to trust in her medical knowledge. She is awesome so happy I found her!
after 4 years of not feeling right and not having any doctor listen dr. shanis took the time to look at evertthing and properly diagnose me. she is greT!!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Bonnie Shanis - Posted on July 21st, 2012
Avoid this doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Bonnie Shanis - Posted on June 13th, 2012
While the wait was short, I, like many of the others, felt she was only interested in the insurance. She put me on Rezulin, which was found to cause liver damage. While I DID need to lose weight, she also put me on Alli. I'm surprised I'm still as fairly healthy as I am. I went to another doctor who took me off her medications and put me on the tried and true meds. I feel much better and feel much more controlled with my current doctor. I feel that Dr. Shanis used me as a guinea pig and my health would have been compromised as a result.
Dr. Shanis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Central Montgomery Medical Center
Abington Health-Lansdale Hospital
38 Years Experience
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Bonnie Shanis Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Bonnie Shanis's office for more information.
1970 N Broad St Lansdale, PA : (215) 542-5899
800 W State St Doylestown, PA : (215) 542-5899
601 E Main St Lansdale, PA : (215) 542-5899
1 Conrad Dr Ambler, PA : (215) 542-5899
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bonnie Shanis, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Lansdale, PA, in this video.
Dr. Bonnie Shanis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lansdale, PA.