Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Boris Ivkov has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
Dr. Ivkov is an excellent and caring physician. He and his partner Dr. Galluccio followed my chronic condition meticulously for six years and sent me for heart valve replacement in a timely manner so that I am back in the gym two months after the surgery in full force. It is not easy and it is nerve wracking to live for years with the knowledge of having a heart defect and knowing that at some time it will deteriorate to the point of damaging the heart muscle. Dr. Ivkov was willing to answer all my questions and address my concerns in a professional and caring manner both before and after my surgery.
I am deeply disappointed and upset with Dr. Ivkov. I made an appointment for my annual physical and expressly stated so while at my visit. He performed several diagnostic tests which are not covered under a typical physical exam and I am now stuck with over $1,000 in bills. After jumping through hoops with his office, the billing department, and my insurance company, I am left trying to figure out why the extra tests were done.. I've been trying to speak with the doctor for over a month but he refuses to return my calls. I've called every day this week, and still nothing. The level of disrespect this practice is showing for its patients is disgusting.
Dr. Ivkov is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Belgrade
Graduated in 1990
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Boris Ivkov accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEASTSIDE MEDICAL AND CAR ASSOCIATION PC, 184 E 70th St, New York, NY
Dr. Boris Ivkov is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.