Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Borje S Andersson has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Borje S Andersson has the following 25 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplantation
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Hodgkin Disease
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Breast Cancer
- DNA Damage
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. Borje S Andersson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Professor Borje Anderson treats you as a person and not only as a patient. The first Doctor who oversaw my 9 chemotherapy cycles at MD Anderson was a souless person who would not even look at you during the clinic visit. Professor Anderson was a refreshing opposite! He was interested in my treatment but also in my life. 17 years after a blood stem cell transplant I am still around😀. Besides overseeing my recovery from the transplant, Prof. Anderson gave me an excellent resipe for gravlaks from his home town in Sweden.
Dr. Andersson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Borje S Andersson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMd Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Borje S Andersson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.