Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bouchra S Doumet has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 18
Sorry to say, this doctor shouldn't see patients if she isn't in the mood! Very nasty if you ask questions, and she doesn't review test results in a timely fashion. I have suffered needlessly for months because she NEVER looked at my test results, then blamed her staff! Ridiculous! Looking for a new doctor ASAP
Never know which will show up, the good Doumet who manages to be friendly, listens and recommends appropriate treatment or test, or the bad Doumet, who seems kind of bothered to be dealing with you and who doesn't give you the results of your tests until you've asked repeatedly for them. Test results should show up in your TTC Patient Portal but they sometimes don't, her follow through on patient care is inconsistent. Rarely spends more than ten minutes with patient. Rarely physically examines patient. Does not care much for patient input, so don't bother making requests or suggestions. Treatment/tests/referrals must be her idea, not yours. Need an answer by phone? Plan on making multiple calls, but be aware they turn their phones off early in the afternoon. Irritating to listen to a voice recording telling you to call back during business hours when you have called well within what those hours are supposed to be! Staff is friendly, but seems overworked or for some other reason can't seem to do their jobs consistently. I don't recommend this doctor with so many other choices available.
Dr. Doumet was absolutely terrible. After visiting with her and telling her my issues she shrugged off every single one of them and simply told me, "if you're still having problems in a couple of weeks then come back and see me." This was after I told her I had already had the issues for 3 weeks, 4 weeks and 6 weeks. Terrible service. Office was very unhelpful as well. Changing my physician immediately.
Dr. Doumet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1990
St Vincents Medical Center
Dr. Bouchra S Doumet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bouchra S Doumet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Holland, OH.