Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brad S Cohen
Dr. Brad S Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Poway, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Palomar Medical Center Poway and Palomar Medical Center. Dr. Cohen has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brad S Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Brad S Cohen has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Brad S Cohen has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brad S Cohen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 68
I am thrilled by the results of having Dr. Cohen replace my bad knee with one that has taken me far and wide this year! I was back with my workout group doing adapted exercises two months after surgery. I've walked a couple of 5k races and spent a week exploring London on a chocolate adventure with full mobility! I really appreciated being listened to and having my healing be a partnership of success.
Dr. Cohen has a wealth of knowledge and practice in orthopedic surgery, which he pairs with a warm & welcoming personality that makes you feel cared for the moment you walk into his office. He promptly identified the scope of my patellar tendon rupture and he clearly explained both the repair and the road to recovery. His passion for his work was clear from day 1, and he places the needs of his patients first. I saw him on a Monday and he repaired my knee 2 days later, never skipping a beat.
He is a fantastic surgeon and a great guy to deal with, 100% satisfied with my rotator cuff surgery, I have recommended Dr. Cohen to two of my friends, both have used him and are completely happy with the results, one of my friends had 2 previous botched surgeries by other surgeons, Dr. Cohen repaired his knee like new, "he's the best".
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
New England Medical Center
Dr. Brad S Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Surgery Associates Of North County, 15525 Pomerado Rd Ste A1, Poway, CA
Dr. Brad S Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poway, CA.