Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Braden W Batkoff
Dr. Braden W Batkoff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane, WA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Batkoff is affiliated with Valley Hospital, Providence Holy Family Hospital and Deaconess Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Braden W Batkoff has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Braden W Batkoff has the following 10 expertise
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Cholesterol Management
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Braden W Batkoff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
The first thing he said to me on entering his office is that we needed to do surgery. No discussion, no empathy and very little feeling behind his diagnosis. After getting a second and third opinion I discovered that my symptom were indicative of acid re-flux. He scheduled me for a test that I did not approve and when I sent him an email inquiring he did not even respond. Now thousands of dollars later I find out that there has been no change in my condition over the last five years. Not only did I not need the test, but it was determined my condition was unchanged. This is now the second time in 3 years that I have been told by these doctors that I need open heart surgery when my condition had not gotten any worse. Do you know how scary it is to hear that you need open heart surgery and I have had to hear it twice. If I hadn't received a second opinion my life would be completely different now!
Dr. Batkoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1989
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. Braden W Batkoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Spokane Heart Institute, 122 W 7th Ave Ste 450, Spokane, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Braden W Batkoff in this video.
Dr. Braden W Batkoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.