Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bradley S Lair has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bradley S Lair has the following 12 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
Dr. Bradley S Lair is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
DR LAIRS DIAGNOSIS, CONCISE DESCRIPTION OF MY NEW "FRIEND", AKA AS METATASTIC BONE CANCER, TREATMENT OPTIONS, PROBABILITY OF FUTURE EVOLUTION, REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS AND CURRENT STATUS..HE HAS AN EXCELLENT STAFF WITH JULIE SCHUCK, REG. NURSE PRACTIONER AND LAURELL, R.N. WITHOUT ANY HESITATION, I RECOMMEND DR LAIR AND HIS GREAT TEAM..THEY ALL SCORE "TENS" FOR EACH CATEGORY.!!!!!
I would recommend Dr. Lair to anyone with cancer.He is relentless at finding the right treatment.He will be honest and forthright with your questions, whether you want to hear the answer or not.Our phone calls were returned quickly and often by Dr. Lair. We are grateful for all he tried for our mom.
28 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Bradley S Lair accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsBroadlawns Medical Center, 1801 Hickman Rd, Des Moines, IA
Dr. Bradley S Lair is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.